Expat Tax Advisor - Become an international tax specialist while working with U.S. taxpayers living in over 150 countries worldwide. By joining the expat team at H&R Block you have the opportunity to play an important role on this unique, specialized, fast-growing international tax practice with the world’s largest tax preparation company.
As a representative of H&R Block Expat Tax Services, you are responsible for developing client relationships and providing high quality U.S. tax preparation, planning, and audit representation services to U.S. expat clients through a virtual tax platform.
QA Analyst - The QA Analyst will develop test plans, test cases and test scripts for projects, among other assigned duties. Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size. Perform testing on various software and reporting systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Expat Tax Advisor
1. Conduct tax interviews and analyze international tax issues for the purpose of preparing complete and accurate tax returns for U.S. taxpayer clients based in a particular country or grouping of countries. Follow internal guidelines for review and referral of tax returns.
Provide tax information and feedback to clients as it relates to tax preparation and refer any unresolved client concerns to management.
2. Work with client service professional staff to finalize tax returns and provide instruction so client can either file tax returns electronically or mail in tax returns to the Internal Revenue Service or State DOR.
Leverage internal resources to research unclear tax issues presented by clients in devoted country/countries.
3. Attend robust paid training at the outset of the assignment and participate in ongoing continuing education offered by the company. Develop high-level knowledge of foreign tax and financial systems in devoted country/countries in order to enhance client experience. Read other business and tax publications, as recommended by management.
4. Assist in transitioning acquired clients to H&R Block brand. Develop or leverage prior global experience, education, or insights to build rapport and provide a well-rounded service to clients in devoted country/countries.
5. Take initiative to seek new clients by asking current clients for referrals and actively develop and execute client acquisition plans.
6. Other duties, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – QA Analyst
1. Write test plans, test cases, use cases, and test strategy documents in compliance with relevant organizational and industry standards.
2. Creates clearly documented defect reports that enable problems to be recreated along with suitable workarounds.
3. Effectively uses test automation where appropriate and available to increase the thoroughness of testing.
4. Executes end-to-end functional tests and utilizes automated tests developed by others to exercise system
5. Effectively influence others to insure appropriate levels of quality on owned deliverable(s).
6. Use product familiarity and subject matter expertise to: identify, gather, analyze and document business requirements; create end user workflows; draft user-facing content; and document all using proprietary templates and style guidelines.
7. Develops strong cooperative relationships with development and product management teams as well as technical support. Act as liaison with Technical Support representatives to gather customer feedback and ensure/add to closing the loop with the customer on resolution of problems.
8. Contributes to end-to-end product testing strategy, focusing on the customer experience.
Minimum Requirements – Expat Tax Advisor/QA Analyst
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related degree;
- One year of tax experience;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate tax and financial advice clearly and effectively with the public in a variety of situations including but not limited to phone, email and videoconference calls with expat clients.
Preferred Qualifications – Expat Tax Advisor
- CPA, EA, or JD;
- Prior experience working with expatriate tax clients;
- Prior experience working in a customer service environment;
- Foreign language capabilities.
Preferred Qualifications – QA Analyst
- May have technical knowledge at the code reading/debugging level, but not required.
- Experience with writing and executing automated tests.
- Experience using test case or defect tracking tools.