Play an important role on an exciting and rapidly growing new division with the world’s largest tax preparation company. As a representative of H&R Block U.S. Expat Tax Services, you are responsible for supporting tax advisors and senior tax preparers providing U.S. tax services to U.S. citizens and residents living outside the United States.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Analyze tax information provided by expatriate tax clients in a particular country or grouping of countries. Handle various aspects of the tax return preparation engagement.
2. Serve as a liaison between clients and senior staff in gathering tax documentation and other information necessary to complete the tax engagement.
3. Leverage internal resources to research unclear tax issues presented by clients in devoted country/countries.
4. Assist in transitioning acquired clients to H&R Block brand. Develop or leverage prior global experience, education, or insights to provide a well-rounded service to clients in devoted country/countries.
5. Remain current with company policies and procedures related to tax preparation and offering other financial products.
6. Attend training required for the position. Develop high-level knowledge of foreign tax and financial systems in devoted country/countries in order to enhance client experience. Read other business and tax publications, as recommended by management.
7. Other duties, as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in accounting or 2+ years of tax preparation or similar tax experience;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate tax and financial advice clearly and effectively with the public in a variety of situations including but not limited to phone, email and videoconference calls with expat clients.
- Prior experience working with expatriate tax clients;
- Prior experience working in a customer service environment;
- Foreign language capabilities.