At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Regulatory and Basel Reporting Team is part of the Controller’s Division of Wells Fargo. The team is responsible for producing timely and accurate regulatory reporting that is driven by data aggregation and calculations. The team is also responsible for providing responses to regulatory inquiries, responding to studies and surveys administered by the agencies, conducting ad-hoc analysis for Basel/Capital initiatives, and participating in regulatory and audit reviews.
The Capital Quantification Leader for Regulatory and Basel Reporting will manage a team responsible for timely and accurate filing of regulatory reports. Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to the following:
• Directs a team responsible for capital quantification and reconciliation that supports Basel regulatory reporting (FFIEC 101, FR Y-9C Schedule HC-R, Pillar 3) as well as RWA allocations.
• Partners with Basel workstream leads and data providers to review quarterly Basel submissions for accuracy, comprehensiveness and quarter over quarter submission variance.
• Partners with internal teams, supporting business partners and workstream leads to identify and submit corporate adjustments for each workstream.
• Partners with technology to ensure the Basel calculator is updated and tested appropriately when enhancements are made or new rules are implemented.
• Ensures a robust independent verification process and adherence to the governance framework and other Basel qualification requirements.
• Identifies and executes on efficiency and continuous improvement opportunities.
• Maintains a strong relationship with our Basel workstream leads, internal audit partners, and regulators.
• Communicates and provides strategic consultation to senior leaders throughout the organization.
• Actively participates in the Company’s coordination of the regulatory reporting reviews performed by US Federal Banking agencies.
• Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives impacting one or more lines of business.
• Understands and ensures compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met.
****Location: 343 Sansome St, San Francisco, CA****Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of management experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- Financial industry experience
- Ability to motivate groups and to quickly gain the trust/confidence of executive leaders
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Leadership experience with ability to effectively manage and engage teams
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment.
- Experience with Basel Reporting and RWA calculations.
- Experience partnering with technology staff and writing requirements documentation.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.