At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial financial services through more than 8,600 locations, 13,000 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices.
Wells Fargo is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are decentralized so every local Wells Fargo store is a headquarters for satisfying our customers’ financial needs and helping them succeeds financially. We do business with 70 million customers and one in three U.S. households. Wells Fargo has approximately 269,000 team members in 36 countries and territories across our more than 90 businesses.
Corporate Finance plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results; manages the company’s balance sheet, including liquidity and funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; and leads corporate strategy. Corporate Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigates efforts appropriately. It works with capital markets to provide lowest possible costs of incremental funding, subject to capital and financial risk management constraints. It improves financial performance by analyzing business unit performance and recommending areas of improvement. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
The Regulatory and Basel Reporting team (RBR) is responsible for timely and accurate regulatory filings. This work effort includes application of reporting instructions, calculation of risk-weighted assets, collection of data necessary to populate reports, and understanding of trends and variances in reporting line items.
Wells Fargo’s Regulatory and Basel Reporting team (RBR) is responsible for filing regulatory reports with numerous regulatory agencies and currently has many ongoing projects related to the enterprise-wide implementation of data management and the COSO-based governance and oversight framework. CRR is looking for a senior Manager to join its team to oversee the Regulatory Call Reporting function and support related process improvement initiatives. This position will be coordinating with partner stakeholders including the line of business data providers to deliver timely and accurate Regulatory Call Reports. These reports include but not limited to Y9-C, FFIEC 031/041, FR2900, FR2644 and Summary of Deposits. The manager will directly communicate with senior management, business line controllers, and banking regulators, including the Federal Reserve Board, providing prompt reporting status and appropriate responses to questions / enquiries.
The ability to quickly learn and adapt to the fast-paced and ever-changing regulatory reporting environment is a key requirement. Leading, developing and motivating the Regulatory Call Reporting team is also a fundamental requirement. This includes managing remote staff based on the RBR global reporting model. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of being an independent self-starter, capable of leading through example and must be able to work to meet tight deadlines and adapt in a changing environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Obtain and maintain SME knowledge of Regulatory Call Reporting requirements enforcing the compliance.
- Partner with Corporate Accounting Policy, LOB Controllers and the Regulatory Interpretations Team to ensure that consistent adherence to regulatory rules including assessment of scheduled changes.
- Manage projects to support the reporting teams in meeting the fast change and heightened expectation of regulatory reporting requirements. This includes managing deliverables for key strategic Enterprise Finance projects.
- Lead change management effectively communicating regulatory reporting changes to all stakeholders to ensure appropriate implementation of new or revised regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensure the compliance with requirements under the Company’s Regulatory Reporting Governance & Oversight Framework including desktop procedures, work papers, and EUCT controls for the assigned regulatory reports; provide guidance and support to the department in completion of all required deliverables.
- Provide leadership by assessing impact of reporting deficiencies; communicate and facilitate the discussion with line of business reporting team for resolution; track and document the resolution implementation cycle from report owner perspectives. Follow the established amendments framework as required.
- Set standards for report review process to ensure the fulfillment of report owner responsibility.
- Support ad-hoc report request for reporting analysis and issue investigation.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 2+ years of management experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used to: plan, conduct, and direct the analysis of complex business problems
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services or commercial credit risk management
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Access
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance and familiar with COSO framework
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of CCAR FR Y14Q/M
- Define, implement, and manage best practice processes that support sound data management operations (i.e. testing, data analysis, metadata, reconciliation )
- Experience with the General Ledger and cross report data reconcilement (e.g. Y9-C vs. FR Y14Q etc.)
- Working knowledge of the other main US Regulatory Reports including:
- FR Y15 and 12
- FFIEC 101 / 102
- SHLA & SHCA
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.