At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Controller’s Division is responsible for the Company’s financial statements, establishing corporate accounting policies, preparing SEC and regulatory reports and ensuring the adequacy of internal controls. The Division also manages and supports the Company’s General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets systems.
This role is a senior level external financial reporting consultant within Wells Fargo’s regulatory interpretations team in Financial Reporting. The candidate will be responsible for consulting and liaising with executive and business unit management, accounting and regulatory support groups, and functional partners on interpretive issues related to regulatory reporting and regulatory capital requirements. The position requires a general understanding of regulatory reporting requirements, regulatory capital rules, and/or generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Evaluating and interpreting current and proposed regulations and reporting requirements
- Providing regulatory capital and reporting consultation and interpretations
- Providing technical transaction advisory assistance on Company and line of business transactions
- Educating corporate and business unit executive management on current regulatory capital and reporting issues
- Providing technical advice, research, training and awareness to business lines, cross-functional teams and other personnel related to current and/ or complex regulatory capital and reporting issues
- Active participation in the implementation of complex regulatory capital and reporting projects or managing aspects thereof, including, participating in or managing cross-functional teams and managing Company-wide task forces
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and communicating regulatory capital policies, practices and procedures, including recommending changes thereto based on changes in regulatory guidance
- Reviewing and providing input on quarterly and annual financial data for regulatory reports, including consolidated and subsidiary financial statements, footnotes and other external disclosures
- Participation in the preparation and/or reviewing of comment letters and other correspondence to regulatory standard setters
- Serving as liaison for regulatory capital and reporting issues with both internal and external audit staffs, and banking regulators
- Providing or assisting with in-depth business analysis and developing long-term strategies to optimize business line or company performance
- Active participation in industry and peer groups to influence the regulatory standard-setting process
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and a self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, and achieving results. The candidate should possess a significant amount of professional presence and be accustomed to presenting material to senior executives. The candidate should be flexible, be able to withstand challenges and adapt accordingly.
This position may be subject to periodic background checks.
Leadership and expertise will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability and strong inter-personal effectiveness. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for successful outcomes.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Regulatory reporting and/or Basel 3 experience
- 7+ years of experience in a position of increasing responsibility
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation, Juris Doctorate (JD), or commensurate experience
- Big 4 senior associate / manager experience servicing financial services industry, regulatory policy experience with large financial institution
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory capital rules or regulatory reporting requirements
- Strong general banking experience and understanding of capital markets and asset management activities
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to summarize complex issues and communicate findings to all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships with cross functional peers and internal and external stakeholders
- Detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines with accurate and professionally presented results
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to analyze business and financial issues and form conclusions about alternatives
- Demonstrated ability to make judgment calls on applicability/impact of emerging regulatory issues, interpretation of subjective and complex financial matters, assessment of alternative implementation methodologies (including cost/benefit implications) and impact to our internal control environment
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.