At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
Reporting to Head of External Relations and working closely with the SVP for National Constituents, this position will focus on engagement strategies for national non-profits and other external organizations with the aim of rebuilding the company’s reputation and advancing its policy agenda. This highly visible position is open to any location in the Wells Fargo footprint, though Washington, DC or Charlotte, NC are preferred.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as a relationship manager for assigned organizations, liaising with senior leaders and developing partnerships to advance our shared interests.
- Represent Wells Fargo in government relations activities and work to assure a high profile and positive image of the company in priority market areas.
- Design and manage comprehensive public affairs strategies that leverage external partnerships to support Wells Fargo’s reputation, brand and policy priorities.
- Lead coordination of internal team member engagement with each organization.
- Collaborate with management to set strategy, construct business cases and plan execution of large scale, multi-group initiatives.
The Government Relations & Public Policy (GRPP) team leads the company’s engagement with policy makers and leaders at the federal, state, and local levels on public policy and regulatory matters that affect our ability to conduct business and serve customers. The team includes six areas of practice: Federal Government Relations, State and Local Government Relations, Regulatory Relations, Public Policy, Political Programs, and External Relations, and is supported by the GRPP Compliance and Operations team.
Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in government relations or a regulatory environment
- Experience directing and implementing strategies to achieve public policy goals
- Experience working with national constituency-based Hispanic organization
- Experience tracking and reporting public policy issues
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Experience building strong relationships and working across large organizations
- Bilingual speaking, reading, and writing proficiency in Spanish/English a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
DC-Washington: 1750 H St Nw - Washington, DC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.