Primary Location: CA-CASanta Fe Springs-12631 Imperial Hwy
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. CA Mentor Family Support Services provides intensive coordination and family support (known as Wraparound) to youth who have been or are at-risk of being referred to an out-of-home placement. The goal of the Facilitator in the wraparound services is to enhance the youth and family’s well-being by keeping the youth in their home and community, all the while, promoting self-advocacy.
As the Facilitator for California MENTOR Family Support Services, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully facilitate and manage Child and Family Team meetings for all Wraparound clients to ensure continuity of care. They will also be responsible for serving as the primary point of contact or the single fixed point of contact for all key stakeholders (e.g. clients, families, service providers & community members) to ensure consistent feedback on service delivery. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have leadership experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- The Facilitator will be designated as the leader of the Individual Child and Family Team and is responsible for the following duties: (1) convening the team and ensuring continuity of care and that all identified services are provided; (2) ensuring the application of family-centered practice by the whole team; (3) serving as the contact point for child (ren), families, service providers and the family and service providers.
- Acts as the Single Fixed Point of Responsibility and is responsible for coordination and approving Wraparound services to all assigned clients.
- Will assist the Program Manager in the site’s quality assurance activities including: case record reviews for completeness, consistency, and quality work.
- Participates in various meetings including, but not limited to staff meetings, committee meetings, taskforce meetings, and child and family team meetings.
- Performs any other appropriate duties assigned by the Program Manager.
- Completes all billing in a timely manner.
- Assists in intake meetings with families to identify strengths, underlying needs and informal supports
- Participates in the Child and Family Team meeting to facilitate the planning, coordination, and implementation of the client’s Child and Family Care Plans.
- Assist Child and Family Team in developing vision, mission, conflict management and decision making.
- Maintains and updates necessary documentation including initial assessments, progress notes, coordination plans, and coordinated service plans of assigned clients.
- Attends a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education related to advanced or new skill acquisition annually.
- Completes all documentation within the standards of the Department of Mental Health and Medi-CAL in a timely manner.
- Assists family and team in developing comprehensive Plan of Care and safety crisis plans which reflects team input and progress.
- Provides updates regarding client status and progress consistently to Program Manager.
- Attends and facilitates Plan of Care Reviews held with ISC members.
- Driving is a required aspect of the job (for example: must drive to multiple field sites and Child Family Team meeting locations typically held in family homes.).
- Regular attendance required
- Other duties as needed.
- Overtime, holiday, or weekend work may be required.
- 24/7 on call availability on a rotating basis.
What we require of you
- Bachelor of Art or Science Degree in Human Services, Social Work, or Psychology or three (3) years’ experience working with high risk children/youth in either child welfare, probation or mental health systems in Wraparound.
- Reliable transportation
- Auto insurance that complies with the state policy concerning minimum car insurance coverage
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
California MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network, uses an evidenced-based service model, called Family Centered Treatment and delivers individualized, practical supports that empower youth and families to lead healthy, stable lives at home. Training on this model will be provided. The FCT service line is COA accredited.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!