Primary Location: CA-CAMission Hills-10200 Sepulveda Blvd
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. As the Facilitator for California MENTOR Family Support Services, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully facilitate and manage Child and Family Team meetings for all Wraparound clients to ensure continuity of care. They will also be responsible for serving as the primary point of contact or the single fixed point of contact for all key stakeholders (e.g. clients, families, service providers & community members) to ensure consistent feedback on service delivery. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Description Job Responsibilities:
• The Facilitator will be designated as the leader of the Individual Child and Family Team and is responsible for the following duties: (1) convening the team and ensuring continuity of care and that all identified services are provided; (2) ensuring the application of family-centered practice by the whole team; (3) serving as the contact point for child (ren), families, service providers and the family and service providers.
• Acts as the Single Fixed Point of Responsibility and is responsible for coordination and approving Wraparound services to all assigned clients.
• Will assist the Program Manager in the site’s quality assurance activities including: case record reviews for completeness, consistency, and quality work.
• Participates in various meetings including, but not limited to staff meetings, committee meetings, taskforce meetings, and child and family team meetings.
• Performs any other appropriate duties assigned by the Program Manager.
• Completes all billing in a timely manner.
• Assists in intake meetings with families to identify strengths, underlying needs and informal supports
• Participates in the Child and Family Team meeting to facilitate the planning, coordination, and implementation of the client’s Child and Family Care Plans.
• Assist Child and Family Team in developing vision, mission, conflict management and decision making.
• Maintains and updates necessary documentation including initial assessments, progress notes, coordination plans, and coordinated service plans of assigned clients.
• Attends a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education related to advanced or new skill acquisition annually.
• Completes all documentation within the standards of the Department of Mental Health and Medi-CAL in a timely manner.
• Assists family and team in developing comprehensive Plan of Care and safety crisis plans which reflects team input and progress.
• Provides updates regarding client status and progress consistently to Program Manager.
• Attends and facilitates Plan of Care Reviews held with ISC members.
• Driving is a required aspect of the job (for example: must drive to multiple field sites and Child Family Team meeting locations typically held in family homes.).
• Regular attendance required
• Other duties as needed.
• Overtime, holiday, or weekend work may be required.
• 24/7 on call availability on a rotating basis.
Qualifications: What we require of you:
• Bachelor of Art or Science Degree in Human Services, Social Work, or Psychology or three (3) years’ experience working with high risk children/youth in either child welfare, probation or mental health systems in Wraparound.
• Reliable transportation
• Auto insurance that complies with the state policy concerning minimum car insurance coverage
• Valid driver’s license in good standing
• Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
What we offer you:
• A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
• Annual bonus plan
• A rewarding work environment
• Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
• Time Off & Holiday Pay
• Family-oriented environment, casual dress
• Employee discounts; fun employee events
• Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
• On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
• Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!