- Support corporate objectives by providing facility maintenance and applying mechanical skills to complete a variety of repairs, maintenance, and moves statewide
- Provide friendly and timely customer service to all internal and external customers.
- May support the preventive maintenance program, including heating, air conditioning, maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Maintain compliance with applicable OSHA requirements. Participate in HazComm training as needed.
- Assist with maintaining storage, conduct inventory rotation, and may track the destruction of archived boxes.
- Assist in planning facility layout and re-configuration of space by implementing physical moves of furniture and equipment, and performing repairs to the buildings, equipment, and furniture.
- Install office equipment according to proper ergonomic standards as directed.
- Assist in the maintenance of furniture, and break room and may assist with janitorial supplies inventories.
- May assist in securing buildings daily.
- May coordinate grounds maintenance and pest control services. Perform snow removal as needed using appropriate safety precautions. Keep buildings, grounds, sidewalks, and parking lots free from trash and debris.
- Perform minor repairs including, but not limited to touching up paint, tightening or replacing screws and bolts, replace light bulbs, hang pictures and assist with major repairs as needed.
- HS Diploma / GED or higher
- 2+ years of Facility Support experience
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including before and after core business hours and occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to work in normal office environment conditions and with various office equipment (e.g. computer, keyboard, mouse, calculator, copier, printer, fax, scanner, telephone)
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks that involve standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting, occasionally climbing stairs or using an elevator, possibly reaching chest high and overhead for materials
- Ability to lift, carry, and / or move materials or other items, in accordance with NIOSH Lifting Index and Guidelines
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. to chest and waist height frequently
- Ability to use dolly or other lift assistant for oversized items and items over 60 lbs. frequently
- Ability to work with machinery (e.g. copy center machines)
- Ability to be exposed to loud noises (e.g. copy center machines)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.