BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
This is an all-encompassing position responsible for managing all mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, equipment, roofs, parking lots and building maintenance etc. for assigned locations. In addition to day-day maintenance activities this position must work with Club Operations and other Company departments to resolve issues and to act proactively to prevent problems. The position will manage all contractors and make recommendations related to their performance, and manage the Maintenance cost for all assigned locations. The position will be “in market”.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce repair expenses through vendor selection, conservation measures, site design, and implementing cost effective preventative maintenance programs and procedures
- Develop working relationships with club management, service contractors and manufacturers for the purpose of maintaining equipment, buildings grounds and club operating systems
- Schedule and coordinate capital improvement projects on schedule and on budget, following company guidelines
- Conduct routine inspections of new and existing clubs and documents problem areas and possible remedies
- Develop and manage current budgeting information for all projects, as well as provide budgeting and cost information to other departments for upcoming program work and prototype changes. Track costs of mechanical systems on all ongoing projects to insure conformance to budget and schedule constraints.
- Maintain contracts for all purchased systems and installations. Review and approve mechanical systems invoicing and change orders for compliance with contract requirements.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in building maintenance management is required
- Knowledge of building construction, food service equipment, fire protection and alarm equipment is a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, science, technology, or equivalent work experience is required
- Travel up to 50% in market
- Working knowledge of retail HVAC and refrigeration systems design, general familiarity of electrical systems, and operational knowledge of computerized EMS System.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.