Primary Location: CA-CARancho Cucamonga-9166 Anaheim Place
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Facilities Planner with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. The primary role of the Facilities Planner is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to deadlines and within budget. The Facilities Planner will also be responsible for coordination and oversight of building projects. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists with locating and acquiring new facilities and conducts evaluations and assists with design plans of new construction and acquired facilities.
- Manage projects, including design, entitlements, bidding, permitting and construction management.
- Responsible to interface with municipal officials, inspectors and regulatory agencies to ensure a professional relationship resulting in the successful completion of the project.
- Participates and manages inspections to ensure all facilities comply with all required accreditation and applicable state, federal and local licensure standards.
- Review preliminary site/building plans for accuracy and scope of detail.
- Travels and provides consultation to all locations in assisting with facilities acquisition, new start development, operations and compliance when required.
- Responsible for securing competitive bids for capital improvements/purchases and conveying recommendations to operations.
- Manages assigned aspects of building and renovation projects by assuming oversight of independent contractors, working directly with selected vendors to monitor renovations and other capital improvement projects.
- Work with Subcontractors to minimize construction Change Orders.
- Work closely with the Project Interior Design Team members in the development of project plans.
- Assemble and issue RFPs for General Contractors to bid.
- Conduct site meetings as required to review schedule, RFIs, CORs and quality control.
- Attends plan review meetings with architects, engineers, contractors, builders, property owners, and the public.
- Interprets zoning codes, general plans, specific plans and planning documents necessary to communicate project goals.
- Required to be on Call 24/7 for critical incidents, and/or other events as requires
- Perform other duties and actions as required.
What we require of you:
- AA or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- One to two years related experience preferred
- Proficient use of the following software preferred: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Auto-CAD, Sketch-Up, Architectural Desktop, Publisher and Photoshop.
- Exceptional relationship management skills with ability to quickly establish rapport with others.
- Solution-orientation with presentation and communication skills.
- Experience with licensing packets
- Organized with great attention to detail
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and work with multiple leaders
- Project Planning / Project Management experience preferred
- Travel to programs throughout the region is required (50-70%)
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 people in 35 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to adults, children, and seniors, with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Our organization is driven by the power or relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do. Apply Today!