Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.
Positions in this function are responsible for any of the following areas: facilities planning and coordination (incl building services and building engineering), security, drivers, building operations (electrical, mechanical, alarms and monitors), equipment setup / maintenance / repair, and warehousing operations. This function may also include HVAC Technicians requiring certfications as well as Data Center Technicans and Engineers.
- Basic, structured, standard approach to work
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience with maintenance troubleshooting using PLC tool and data sets
- 5+ years of experience in the repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of an automated manufacturing or distribution line
- Experience in the use of measuring and testing instruments
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical / mechanical / pneumatic issues when they occur on the line including, but not limited to, installation, diagnostic, calibration, maintenance / repair of equipment and electronic devices
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (SMMS):
- Electrical: 3-phase 480 volts circuit, motor starter and controls.
- Mechanical: Align bearing and drive shafts, replace motors and gear boxes, troubleshoot belt drives, and motors.
- Pneumatic: Connect circuit, determine and correct failures of solenoids, cylinders, and switches.
- Sensor: Troubleshoot photo-eyes, proximity switches and other sensing devices.
- Experience using Microsoft Office including Word (creating documents) and Excel (crating spreadsheets and inputting date)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to work 5:00 am - 3:00 pm Monday - Friday; flexible schedule to be on call and work nights and weekends as required
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) with PLCs, Industrial Maintenance, or equipment work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem solver
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: facilities manager, custodial, repair, PLC, maintenance