DescriptionThe Facility Engineering Lead ensures the optimal utilization of the organization's facilities. The Facility Engineering Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
Humana is seeking a Facilities Engineering Leader that will be responsible for strategic facility planning and daily management of the data centers, pharmacy distribution centers and other critical environment areas within the portfolio. Critical facilities encompass both electrical and mechanical systems, and the successful candidate is expected to have expertise in data center facility design, operations and maintenance. This individual will also be responsible for technical consult and development, oversight and implementation of portfolio wide quality assurance program.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Portfolio management to include planning and budgeting of facilities operating expense and capital
- Management of outsourced vendor partners and other internal partners who delivery services to our associates and the facilities (EH&S, Health & Wellbeing, other functions within and outside of WPS, etc.) to ensure service level expectations are appropriate, communicated and driven
- Risk mitigation, ensuring facilities are properly maintained and issues are addressed and driven to resolution appropriately and expeditiously
- Establishment of policies, procedures, standards and operating processes that ensure the highest operational effectiveness
- Provide technical consultation for maintenance of entire portfolio
- Develop and conduct quality assurance program for portfolio maintenance
- Maintains proactive and clear communications with all levels of the organization, partners and customers
- Communications and negotiations in more complex matters to resolve issues with landlords, municipalities, etc. with oversight of our risk and legal counsel.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- Strong technical background in critical data center facilities, IT operations, and data center construction
- Strong background in mechanical and electrical systems
- Expert knowledge in industry safety best practices
- Excellent communications, organization and influence skills
- Ability to manage in a matrixes organization
- Master’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Design
- Prior group implementation and/or project management experience
- Certification – Six Black Belt preferable
Scheduled Weekly Hours40