Title Facility Maintenance Key West Aquarium EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Description
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform preventive maintenance, inspections and install/repairs to building, grounds and building equipment, including painting buildings and equipment.
- Perform general maintenance duties that may include, gathering and emptying trash; servicing, cleaning and supplying restrooms; clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming; strip, seal, finish and polish floors; clean windows and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges or squeegees; dust furniture, walls, fixtures and office machines; sweep outdoor walkways, trim vegetation/grass and keep grounds free of liter and weeds.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly and if maintenance is necessary determine the type of tool and equipment needed to fix the problem.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and difficult people both in person and via the telephone while maintaining a professional and pleasant demeanor.
- Shall be able to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow CASTmembers and the general public.
- Shall be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Ability to work in cramped spaces, lift, lower and carry items that typically weigh 25 – 50 pounds without assistance and 75 pounds with assistance, varying distances and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions.
- 1-3 years of general maintenance preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record for the past three years.
- All FT Employees are eligible for: Two weeks paid Vacation the first year, Well-Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability
- All FT & PT employees are eligible for: 401K and Sick Time
- Flexible schedules including a combination of weekdays and weekends
- Fun, upbeat work environment
- Discounts in retail stores and free tickets to our company attractions
Successful candidate must pass a drug test and a background search
This position is currently accepting applications.