New West Physicians, a premier medical group in Denver, Colorado, is looking for successful; board certified Family Medicine Physicians (MD / DO) and several board Certified Internal Medicine Physician. New West Physicians has multiple out - patient family medical and internal medicine offices with openings for physicians. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
The qualified Family Physician will provide the full scope of primary care services which fall under their field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to patients. The population at our site is perfect for a family medicine physician who prefers a good mix of all ages.
This is an opportunity to be part of a health care team and to be able to grow your clinical / professional skills. You will be working within a practice with a good mix of excellent clinical professionals, including physicians and advanced practitioners, in an NCQA certified, Level 3 Medical Home; for physicians and patients.
- Examine diagnoses and treats patients for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsel and educates patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Document items such as: chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Formulate diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, and procedures
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Be responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Complete all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintain quality of care standards as defined by the practice
- Supervise Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner
- Board certified in internal medicine or family practice
- Current Colorado medical license MD / DO (Required prior to start)
- Completion of 3 - year internal medicine or family practice residency is minimal
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.