American Health Network was founded in 1994 by a group of physicians seeking a better method of delivering quality health care. American Health Network has more than 70 medical practices in two states – Indiana and Ohio - and employs over 1600 individuals. AHN is Indiana’s largest independent physician group with over 300 physicians and looking to double its size over the next 4 years by expanding into neighboring states. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Why consider the Indianapolis area?Affordability- Housing costs are much lower than the national average.
Great educational system with an average Student to Teacher ratio of 17:1.
Job Growth- Top 20 within the United States.
Famous Indianapolis Farmers Market & a diverse dining options.
Race fans - Indianapolis 500
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease or injury.
- Order, perform and interpret tests and analyze records, reports and examination information to diagnose patients’ condition.
- Collect, record and maintain patient information such as medical history, family medical history, reports and examination results. Recordkeeping must be orderly and clinically complete as required by AHN and/or any applicable laws, ordinances, standards of medical practice, risk management or quality assurance programs, or as required by external accreditation organizations
- Monitor patients’ conditions and progress through scheduling regular follow-up visits, lab or other test results. Reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with the patient.
- Advise patients concerning diet, activity, hygiene and disease prevention. Provide health and wellness advice.
- Refer patients to medical specialist or other practitioners as necessary.
- Coordinates work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation specialist, pharmacists, psychologist, and other health care providers.
- Directs and coordinates activities of clinical staff involved in the patients’ care along with the cooperation and input of practice management.
- Provides professional services to current patients of the practice, or to those who are referred to the practice.
- Actively markets the services of the office and organization by appropriate means, including actively participating in building rapport with other physicians and health care practitioners in the community.
- Cooperates and abides by the policies and decisions of AHN peer review, quality management, risk management, and utilization management programs.
- Works cooperatively with all AHN employees and management and presents a professional manner.
- Timely completes administrative duties and all other duties in a responsible manner at all times.
- Coordinates with physician partners to provide “on call” coverage as needed. Provides coverage during evenings, weekends, holidays and vacations.
- Attends meetings and participates on committees as requested.
- Other tasks and duties pertinent to practicing medicine within standard of care.
- Reviews current literature and attends training sessions and seminars to keep informed of new developments in the field.
- Board certified or board eligible in family practice
- Current Indiana medical license
- Completion of 3-year family practice residency is minimal
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.