UnitedHealthcare is on a mission to help people live healthier lives and to help the system work better for everyone. We serve almost 50 million people and success for us means responding to each individual, every time, with compassion. And, as the nation’s largest health care company, we recognize that there’s also an important role we can play in society overall to help increases access to health for everyone.
That’s why we have set ourselves a big ambition – to deliver access to better health to more underserved and uninsured Americans, in 2018 and every year after that. We’re starting with redefining access to care through an initiative that strategically places UnitedHealthcare Clinics in underserved neighborhoods.
UnitedHealthcare Clinics provide UnitedHealthcare Medicaid members and the uninsured with high-quality, low-cost and uniquely tailored healthcare services in a welcoming environment. With growth planned throughout the country, UnitedHealthcare Clinics are laying the foundation for improving access to care in a new, innovative way.
Do you have ideas for innovation in a practice setting? Do you want to help create the next evolution of clinical models for under-served neighborhoods? Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work. We are looking for a Family Practice Physician to join our team and help create, execute, and deliver on our mission to improve access to care.
The Family Practice Physician will work in the Phoenix area. The candidate must be DEA x-waivered or obtain wavier upon hire to support medication assisted treatment. As the lead physician in the practice, this individual must be capable of adequately diagnosing and treating a wide-range of pediatric and adult acute and chronic diseases along with working in women’s health.
Candidates must be willing to help foster a culture of teamwork and innovation, including task shifting work to non-physician clinical team members to allow all staff to work to the top of their licenses. This is a unique opportunity to support the development, start-up and opening of the new clinic supported by the UnitedHealthcare brand.
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsels and educates patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Documents items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Ability and willingness to provide appropriate education and consultation with other clinical team members
- Formulates diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, and procedures
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an ongoing treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Demonstrate competency in office based procedures within scope of practice
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintains quality of care standards as defined by the practice
- Participates in multi-disciplinary care planning and management of high risk patients with UnitedHealthcare specialty programs
- Ability to work within a collaborative clinical environment supported by other Physicians within the UnitedHealthcare family of businesses
- Participate in ongoing education
- Maintain awareness and comply with relevant organizational policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements (e.g. HIPAA, Medicare Fraud Waste & Abuse)
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- Current, unrestricted medical license in Arizona
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Physician in a clinic setting
- Experience in management of chronic conditions
- Current DEA license
- DEA X-Waiver or ability to obtain
- Prior experience building a practice
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for improving the patient experience
- Experience working in a primary care group practice
- Experience working with the homeless and/ or underserved population
- Experience working in Women’s Health and OB/GYN
- Familiarity with Vaccines for Children program
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.