Senior Storage Engineer – This individual will be a senior technical resource responsible for setting technical direction across the storage and converged infrastructure domains. These responsibilities will span the block Storage Area Network (SAN), file Network Attached Storage (NAS), Object (S3, Swift, etc.), Backup and File and Print, and converged infrastructure technologies globally on premise and in the public cloud. The individual will partner with our architecture, engineering, maintenance, operations, and CIO teams to ensure the storage services are meeting the business demands. This will include evaluating new technologies, setting strategic direction, authoring white papers, position papers, executive presentations, and presenting at industry conferences.
The individual will be a thought leader in the storage domain with a strong technical understanding of all infrastructure domains. Will be the technical lead for large and complex projects requiring collaboration across infrastructure, platform, and application teams. Will need to be comfortable interacting and influencing senior/executive leadership, CIO partners, peer infrastructure groups, audit, operational risk management, security, and vendors.Required Qualifications
- 12+ years of technical engineering experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- 1+ year of experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) concepts
- 3+ years of SAN (Storage Area Network) experience
- 3+ years of NAS experience
- 2+ years of experience compiling and preparing executive summaries, whitepaper, and presentations for management or senior leaders
- 2+ years of information security experience
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Knowledge and understanding of technology: backup and recovery solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of advising senior leadership on technology approach and engineering practices
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Experience articulating issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud computing
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of system development, system lifecycle development, system architecture and hardware configurations
- Knowledge and understanding of UNIX
- Knowledge and understanding of technology infrastructure: data center, network, storage, and compute domains
Ability to interact with all levels of an organization-DefaultJob Expectations
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.