At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wealth Management (WM) business is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients through Wells Fargo Private Bank, and to the affluent segment through partnerships between Wealth Brokerage Services and the Community Bank. Investment & Fiduciary Services (IFS) is within WM and works with our clients to build, manage, preserve and transition their wealth. As one of the nation’s strongest financial institutions, we bring together a team of experienced professionals to gain insight into each client’s unique situation so that we may deliver specialized wealth solutions that best meet their needs and goals. Within IFS, we have 6 Fiduciary Management Services (FMS) offices that support clients and field offices by providing trust administration, investment management, and fiduciary services.
The Fiduciary Management Services (FMS) Director has overall responsibility for a Wealth Management FMS location in Austin, Texas. Covers service management functions of the Service teams in support of the Southwest and Southeast regions and service management for the Specialized Wealth Services (SWS) including Special Needs Trusts, Life Management, Oil Gas & Mineral, Real Estate Asset Management, Business Advisory, Estate Settlement, and International.
The ideal candidate will lead the delivery of exceptional client service, fiduciary risk management and talent development through the management of senior level team members (JDs, CTFAs, MBAs, etc.) who empower work teams in the FMS office. This leader will ensure service level commitments, production goals, audit and compliance requirements are met. In addition, will develop and maintain relationships with field partners creating a team approach to client service and achieving overall business objectives.
This FMS Director is responsible for managing fiduciary risks in the FMS office. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining working knowledge of fiduciary product specific technology as it pertains to trust administration i.e. trust accounting/coding systems (SEI) and client relationship management systems.
- Lead the FMS team in strong partnership with field-based client facing partners to assure seamless service delivery to clients.
- Assure outstanding client retention.
- Act as chief advocate for mid-office services and Investment & Fiduciary Services business model.
- Partner with operations management to identify opportunities to reduce costs and create efficiencies by implementing workflow and straight through processing techniques.
- Analyze processes to ensure consolidation of risk management and compliance in order to improve efficiencies.
This collaborative leader must be capable of initiating action and managing change. The role demands a persuasive, effective communicator who can position the FMS office successfully. A proven ability to create efficiencies and deliver an exceptional client experience. Requires a leader with strong relationship management and influencing skills and the ability to understand and operate successfully in a rapidly changing, complex, heavily matrixed and collaborative environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results and personal accountability for achievement.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: trust, technology, or operations
- 10+ years of management experience
- Ability to manage large scale program initiatives in a complex environment
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management
- Knowledge and understanding of trust, fiduciary law, and federal regulations/operations
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Profit and loss center planning/managing skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Experience recruiting, motivating, and coaching
- Experience driving and leading organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge and understanding of fiduciary responsibility
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) or CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) designation
- A BS/BA degree or higher (such as MBA/JD/LLM) in business, management, law or trust and wealth management
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.