At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wealth Management (WM) business is a leading provider of financial services to high-net worth clients through Wells Fargo Private Bank, and to the affluent segment through partnerships between Wealth Brokerage Services and the Community Bank. Investment & Fiduciary Services (IFS) is within WM and works with our clients to build, manage, preserve and transition their wealth. As one of the nation’s strongest financial institutions, we bring together a team of experienced professionals to gain insight into each client’s unique situation so that we may deliver specialized wealth solutions that best meet their needs and goals. Within IFS, we have 6 Fiduciary Management Services (FMS) offices that support clients and field offices by providing trust administration, investment management, and fiduciary services.
The Fiduciary Tax Administrator 3 position is responsible for providing technical tax expertise to meet the needs of clients in support of Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) high net worth clients. Work closely with administrators and other team members coordinating service fulfillment and expanding relationships. Complying with bank standards and policies, and federal and state laws. Proactively manage risk by identifying and escalating risks promptly. Responsible for preparation of the more complex federal and state fiduciary returns. Duties may include: Preparation of trust returns including US and non-US citizens for forms 1041 and K-1s, 1042-S, and applicable state returns. Account reviews including quarterly estimated tax payments and monthly Non Resident Alien (NRA) withholding calculations. GST review and preparation of required tax form(s). New account onboarding review which includes document analysis and validation of forms W-8. Review and respond to tax notices from taxing authorities. Conduct tax research to resolve complex tax problems. Training staff and administration on procedural issues and tax law changes.
The preferred locations for this positions are Charlotte, NC or Birmingham, AL but other locations will be considered.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of fiduciary tax experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exposure to Wells Fargo SEI Trust 3000 Wells Fargo Trust Accounting system of record
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Estate, gift, and Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax (GSTT) experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business
- CPA or Enrolled Agent preferred
- Experience with 1042 Non Resident Alien (NRA) tax filings
- Proficiency in Thomson Reuters OneSource Trust Tax and RIA Checkpoint
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.