Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality healthcare that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
As a Community Health Worker (CHW), you will act in a liaison role with Medicaid members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Keep the member out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primary physician
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick-up of their Rx
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- May conduct HRA assessments if needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in a health or human services field or a High School Diploma / GED and be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Licensed or Certified in Virginia or hold a multi-state license recognized by Virginia
- 1+ years of experience directly working with individuals with special healthcare needs
- Must have resided within the Central VA Region for 2+ years
- Knowledge of culture and values of community
- Field based experience
- Must currently reside in one of the following counties: Henrico, Gloucester, New Kent, Chesterfield or Dinwiddie
- Ability to travel 40% of the time and work 60% at home
- Experience in child placement services through both a legal and behavioral health lens and trauma-informed clinical practice.
- Experience with vulnerable subpopulations include children and youth with special health care needs, adults with serious mental illness, children with serious emotional disturbances, members with substance use disorders, children in foster care or adoption assistance, and members with other complex or multiple chronic conditions.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- CHW Accreditation
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Knowledge of Medicaid population
Keywords: Case management, Community Health Worker, medical, customer service, healthcare, UHG, Optum, community, Henrico, Gloucester, New Kent, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie