Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality healthcare that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well - being.
As a Community Healthcare Worker, you will act in a liaison role with Medicaid members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education.
- Engage members either face to face or over the phone to have a discussion about their health
- Review available member service records and relevant documentation (e.g., utilization history, functional level, stratification information, current plan of care)
- Conduct comprehensive member assessment that includes bio - psychosocial, functional, and behavioral health needs
- Utilize interviewing techniques and active listening to collect and retain member information and incorporating responses as they are presented to complete assessment
- Engage member to participate in the assessment process and collaboratively develop plan of care based on their individual needs, preferences, and objectives
- Identify when supplemental assessments are needed and conduct supplemental assessments
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care role
- Must have resided within the area for 2+ years
- Knowledge of culture and values of community
- Familiarity with the resources available in the community
- Field based experience
- Reside in the commutable Baton Rouge Area
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time (field based) and work from home home 60% of the time (mileage reimbursed)
- Ability to work Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Social Work and / or Health Care Administration
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant / Home Health Aide, Medical Assistant
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- CHW Accreditation
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Knowledge of Medicaid population
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Baton Rouge, LA, Community Health Worker, Field Based, Social Work, CNA. LVN, CHW Accreditation, Managed Care, Medicaid