Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality healthcare that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
As a Field Based Community Health Worker (CHW), you will act in a liaison role with Medicaid members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Keep the member out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primary physician
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick-up of their Rx
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- May conduct member assessments if needed
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Must live in Mesa / Chandler, North West area of Glendale, Tolleson or Avondale, AZ
- Must have resided within the local community for 2+ years
- Knowledge of culture and values in the local community
- Familiarity with the resources available within the community
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to be in the field 60% and home based 40%
- Experience with outbound calls to members, Physician’s, Pharmacy, Providers or similar medical facility
- Ability to create, copy, edit, send & save utilizing Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Field Based experience
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in social work and / or healthcare administration
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant, Home Health Aide or Medical Assistant
- Previous work experience in the AZ Criminal Justice, detention, parole or prison release programs
- Community Health Worker (CHW) Accreditation
- Experience working in Managed Care, Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse
- Knowledge of AZ Medicaid & Medicare population
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Ability to work in multiple systems and applications to complete daily tasks
- Frequent speaking, using hands to conduct outbound calls, sitting and standing, getting in and out of vehicle repetitively, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods of close vision looking at a computer monitor