Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality healthcare that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
As a Community Health Worker (CHW), you will act in a liaison role with Medicaid members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education. CHW’s work in a team-based structure and spend the majority of their time in the community engaging directly with members. Interesting in learning to work with medically complex patients who may be experiencing significant addiction and / or behavioral health conditions is important for this role.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Help member set goals and develop a care plan to achieve those goals
- Proactively engage the member to manage their own health and healthcare
- Support the member to improve their wellbeing by staying out of the hospital, and attend regular visits to their primary physician
- As needed, help the member engage with mental health and substance use treatment
- Support the member to ensure pick-up of their prescriptions
- Provide member education on community resources and benefits
- Conduct post discharge activities from hospital facility and support connection to social services
- Support member to engage in work or volunteer activities, if desired, and develop stronger social supports through deeper connections with friends, family, and their community
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- May conduct Health Risk Assessments (HRA) if needed
- High School Diploma / GED
- 3+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care role
- Must have a designated work space inside the home with the ability to access high-speed internet (provided by UHG)
- Must be a current resident and have resided within the Shreveport / Bossier region for 2+ years
- Knowledge of culture and values of the Shreveport / Bossier region
- Familiarity with the resources available in the community
- Field based experience
- Ability to travel locally up to 50 miles one way and up to 50% of the time
- Must have your own means of transportation
- Ability to create, copy, edit, send, and save in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00PM
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in a health-related field
- Knowledge and /or experience with behavioral health or substance use disorders
- Previous care management experience
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant / Home Health Aide, Certified Medical Assistant
- CHW Accreditation
- Case Management Certification (CCMC)
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Knowledge of Medicaid and / or Medicare population
- Ability to work alternate hours outside of normal business hours as needed
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time depending on business needs
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords:Case management, Community Health Worker, medical, customer service, healthcare, UHG, Optum, community, Bossier City, Shreveport