Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Field-Based Case Manager, you'll wear many hats, and work in a variety of environments. Sometimes, you'll interact with members leaving the hospital - possibly with new medications or diagnoses. Or perhaps you'll perform home visits, assisting members with safe, effective transitions from care environments to where they live. You may also act as an intermediary between providers and members - serving in numerous roles, such as educator, evaluator, service coordinator, community resource researcher and more. The result? Fewer hospitalizations, ER visits and costly service gaps; and a less stressed, more effective health care system for us all. Want more flexibility, want more autonomy? Work from your own home and coordinate a visiting schedule that is mutually beneficial to you and the members we serve.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You’ll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
If you are located in Lorain, Erie, and Huron Counties, OH, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges
- Visit Medicaid members in their homes and / or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
- Assist members with the transition from a care facility back to their home
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the State
- Reliable transportation to travel to member homes or other locations within service delivery area
- 3+ years clinical experience in a hospital, acute care, home health / hospice, direct care or case management
- Computer / typing proficiency to enter / retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Case Management experience including Certification in Case Management
- Home care / field based case management
- Medicaid, Medicare, Managed Care experience
- Experience working with the needs of vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex bio-psychosocial needs
- Bilingual skills
- Experience in Home & Community based or Long Term Care services delivery
- Problem solving skills; the ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action
- Ability to communicate complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Case Manager, Home Health, Assessments, Field Nurse, Medicare, Medicaid, Plan of Care, House Calls, Waver, Ohio, OH, Lorain, Erie, and Huron, Foster child, Sandusky, Elyria, Norwalk