DescriptionThe Field Care Manager NP assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Field Care Manager NP works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
Humana’s dream is to help our members and our own associates achieve lifelong well-being. Use your clinical experience to work with patients and providers in a nontraditional environment where your knowledge will make a difference. Our associates know their work is vitally important; we strive to ensure we provide perfect service with one-on-one member interactions as a coach, personal nurse, or clinical advisor. Humana’s Perfect Service® means getting the basics done right, delivering value and quality, providing guidance on needs, and being engaged with our members. We want to help our members make the right choices to live life fully. We begin that process by connecting our members with an associate who cares.
Be a part of a team of excellent clinicians in a patient centered medical home environment with a focus on community and quality.
Humana is seeking Nurse Practitioners for general medical quality care and treatment to patients in their homes under the supervision of a Humana collaborating physician. In this role, the Nurse Practitioner:
- Weekends and Call are not required in this role!
- Performs comprehensive physical assessments and document findings in a concise/comprehensive manner
- Records history & physical findings, and formulates a comprehensive care plan, based on patient’s condition(s).
- Collaboratively provides basic primary medical care and treatment to patients in their homes in coordination with their PCPs and other physician specialties.
- Collaborates with all Humana At Home care management team members as applicable to prepare comprehensive patient care plans.
- Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical/occupational therapy, home skilled nursing, wound care, inhalation therapy, and related therapeutic procedures in coordination with the patient’s primary care physician and/or specialists.
- Interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess both new and chronic medical conditions and health care needs. Coordinates the ordering of pertinent diagnostic tests in collaboration with the patient’s physician(s).
- Manages care transitions from acute to home setting
- Conducts preventive health screenings within prescribed guidelines.
Refers patients to Primary Care Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Master of Science (MS) or Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited program
- Successful completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Current Nurse Practitioner certification by AANP or ANCC
- Minimum of one year post-training clinical experience, in an outpatient, ambulatory primary care (which includes internal medicine, family, geriatric), endocrinology, nephrology or cardiology setting within the past 5 years.
- Active, unrestricted Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner license in TX
- Active, unrestricted driver’s license in state of practice
- Current certification or able to be certified in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for healthcare provider.
- Appropriate credentials to write prescriptions under the state’s nurse practice act and under the authority of a medical director.
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of MS Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency with knowledge of smart phones, specifically Apple iOS platforms
- Recent experience with electronic health record documentation.
- This role is a part of Humana’s Driver Safety program and therefore requires and individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
- Certification in Adult Health, Family, Acute Care or Gerontology preferred.
- Recent experience in chronic disease management plus.
- Previous Medicare/Medicaid Experience a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with a patient centered medical home model.
Bilingual: English, Spanish and other languages are beneficial
Scheduled Weekly Hours40