External Job PostingPosition Summary:
The Field Maintenance Service Technician is responsible for the installation and maintenance of hardware regarding Shopko’s, telecommunication, equipment, and computer systems. This position will work to minimize hardware down time and facilitate Store and Optical Lab operations. Responsible for ensuring our equipment is operational all the time. This role is working directly with our existing hardware across multiple locations.
Make an impact by overseeing Shopko hardware is operating successfully, allowing our teammates to service our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Install new, rebuild, and/or remodel computer and telecommunications hardware
• Provide hands-on and phone support to a region or district of stores
• Diagnose and repair computer, telecommunication, and point-of-sale (POS) hardware
• Work with third parties on installations when appropriate
• Will be assigned special projects
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
• 2 year college degree in electronics, or equivalent experience in electronic maintenance and repair
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently; ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Good analytical and problem solving skills; personal computer skills with emphasis in spreadsheet applications and word processing; ability to work with numbers
• Ability to work independently
• Good telephone and interpersonal skills
• Strong communications (both written and verbal) skills required
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Ability to front travel expenses
• Experience with IBM hardware preferred, but not required
We are a growing company with plans to add more stores over the next two years. We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.