Provide technical PC and network support to multiple districts in accordance with CSC and Market or Regional guidelines. Serve as liaison between district associates, district management and Lead FST or CSM to identify and resolve problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate the setup, shutdown and support of PC hardware and software for H&R Block's field offices in compliance with instructions provided by CSC
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and support field systems in company-owned field offices by phone and with on-site visits. Conduct troubleshooting in conjunction with Call Center Support associates and Lead Field Systems Technician/Company Support Manager, as necessary.
• Maintain an inventory of district equipment. Maintain hot spare tracking and control for computer equipment in the district.
• Ensure regular communication with District General Managers and Lead Field Systems Technician/Company Support Manager on support issues and needs.
• Install and maintain network and telephone cabling in company-owned field offices.
• Document hardware problems and their resolution.
• Assist the Field Systems Technician/Company Support Manager with special projects, i.e. set up computers for training.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Experience with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows network configurations and MS Office (or equivalent)
• Demonstrated ability to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot computer hardware, networks and systems.
• Demonstrated organization, prioritization and project coordination skills.
• Demonstrated problem solving, decision-making and analytical abilities.
• Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Access to and ability to drive a motor vehicle; possession of a valid driver's license; adequate insurance coverage as required by applicable state law and a good driving record.
• Computer networking certification (CNA, MCP, MCSE, etc.)
• Two years experience working with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003/2008
• One year networking experience
• One year troubleshooting experience