JOB SUMMARY<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Provide technical PC and network support to multiple districts in accordance with guidelines. Serve as liaison between district associates, district management and Technology Manager to identify and resolve problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and recognize office hardware. Must be able to set up office hardware, as well as understand and create documentation to guide through set up of unfamiliar hardware.
- Comprehend communication and connectivity concepts as they relate to HRB Tax office set up scenarios (VPN, Client/Host, File Transfer, telecom data services, office cabling, etc) and instruct others on these concepts
- Install and troubleshoot tax office and utility software. Must be able to understand and teach concepts and documentation to guide through the administration of unfamiliar software
- Troubleshoot a variety of office set up issues, as well as associate issues
- Understand documentation that is provided for office set up and have the ability to translate that information into a physical technology set up. Must understand the reason for each step and foresee the next step
- Ability to understand and enforce the need and purpose of office and technology compliance.
- Maintain an inventory of district equipment and hot spare tracking & control for computer equipment in the district.
- Ensure regular communication with Regional Technology Manager on support issues and needs.
- Install and maintain network and telephone cabling in company-owned field offices.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent education or experience.
- 2 years of experience with Windows 2000 and/or Windows XP, Windows network configurations, and MS Office (or equivalent).
- Ability to recognize differences of opinion or understanding. Identify cause for the difference's and attempt to gain consensus. Escalate if no resolution and document known facts.
- Able to read documentation and set up instructions and apply this information to each individual office. Must be able to take information, organize it, and report on it back to a team lead.
- Access to and ability to drive a motor vehicle; possession of a valid driver's license; adequate insurance coverage as required by applicable state law and a good driving record.
- Computer networking certification (A+, CNA, MCP, MCSE, etc.)
- 2 years experience working with Windows 2000 and/or Windows XP.
- 2 years networking experience.
- 2 years troubleshooting experience.