Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
- Sort and file prescriptions / patient demographic forms (may include lifting up to 40 lbs.)
- Locate and retrieve prescriptions / patient demographic forms when requested
- Label older prescription file boxes for off-site storage
- Cross train and work in all processes when needed
- Repetitive movements including: sit, stand, kneel, reach, and climb ladder
- Collect discharged medical records from the patient units, receive, track & assemble the medical records
- Prepare the paper medical records to go out to scanning by putting the chart in specific chart order & ensuring the patient identifiers are on the front & back of every page
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of work experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system application
- Available to work 15 hours per week 4:00 pm - 12:00 am including weekends with holidays and coverages as needed
- Knowledge of Medical Record Terminology
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: File, Clerk, Part Time, Manhasset, NY