Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following:
· Sets up machinery, including: setting code, checking valves, checking ammonia lights, and pumps, setting up paper, boxes, glues, sticks, etc.
· Operates filler machine and performs basic maintenance including minor adjustment.
· Monitors product quality to insure proper fill, carton forming, product weight, body and texture, temperature, wrapping, coding, and packaging.
· Feeds product additives (fruit, nuts, flavoring) to conveyors, hoppers, or other feeding devices, and unloads packaged product.
· Replenishes packaging supplies such as paper, glue, cartons, shrink film, sticks, etc.
· Communicates with flavor and mix handlers to insure properly formulated and flavored product is being used.
· Makes up sanitize solution and sanitizes process machinery and equipment.
· Follows all Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines and complies with all local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
· Adapts to various situations and adjusts to shifting priorities.
· Meets company established attendance policy, performs essential job functions throughout the established scheduled and extended work hours when required.
· Abides by all company mandated safety/health rules and regulations.
· Performs other duties as required.
· Follow company policy
· Follow company's safety policies and procedure
· Other duties as may be assigned or required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to other associates of the organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of VLM time system.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must comply with Company dress code.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions work near moving mechanical parts; extreme cold (non-weather related) and extreme warmth (weather related).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit.