At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
SENIOR CONSULTANT FINANCIAL CONTROLS & OVERSIGHT, SENIOR CONSULTANT - ITGC TESTING
Wells Fargo is seeking a highly motivated individual to join a team of COSO testing professionals and will have enterprise-wide exposure to key stakeholders within the external financial/risk/regulatory reporting infrastructure. The Enterprise COSO Testing team is a component of the Enterprise Controls & Oversight (ECO) Group in Corporate Controllers.
The IT COSO team within ECO supports the Company’s on-going objective of maintaining an industry-leading information technology control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of IT control environments impacted by financial, risk, and regulatory reporting;
- Assessing compliance with Well Fargo & Company’s COSO based policies for IT controls impacted by internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going IT control compliance with COSO policies (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters);
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders;
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and IT control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts;
- Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects;
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters; and,
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
This individual will be responsible for the following team directives:
- Performing and/or Leading the following for IT General Control (ITGC) testing:
- Partnering with IT Process and Control Owners to document significant in-scope IT processes according to corporate COSO policy (both process narratives and process flow diagrams). Additionally, assessing the appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key controls identified;
- Performing walkthroughs of significant IT processes and ensure required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant risk and key controls;
- Partnering with IT Process and Control Owners in the creation of process risk assessments (RAM) as well as validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions;
- Validating and providing credible challenge to identified shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications;
- Creating Test Plans to perform IT COSO testing of key ITGCs, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing;
- Performing first level review of work papers ensuring that testing objectives are met with quality.
- Validating and challenging documentation of control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions;
- Analyzing the severity of control deficiencies, and their impact to internal control over financial reporting;
- Validating corrective actions and issues;
- Interfacing with KPMG external auditors, G&O and Issue Management team to assist with assessment of COSO issues.
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business (IT) functions related to assigned process areas
- Ability to withstand challenges, be flexible and adapt accordingly
- Assisting with projects impacting the team.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Designation
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory agencies: Federal Reserve and OCC
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to present to senior level executives
- 5+ years at Big Four/super regional public accounting firm with experience in IT audit and/or IT SoX advisory/consulting service
- Prefer one or more of the following certifications: CISA, CISM, CISSP
- Practical experience performing IT audit/IT COSO ITGC testing
- Strong knowledge of the COSO and COBIT 5 frameworks
- Experience with large financial institutions
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo; experience with continuous improvement of ITGC testing processes and results
- A self-starter who is accustomed to working in complex organizations, partnering with a diverse set of stakeholders and achieving results.
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to negotiate difficult positions without harming relationships
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.