At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS):
Performs moderately complex to complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and for developing financial statements and reports. Duties may include: gathering, reviewing, and preparing financial data for financial and regulatory reports; reviewing data from the general ledger, loan systems and various financial systems to ensure accuracy; preparing journal entries and performing variance analyses; preparing and reviewing account reconciliations and certifications; updating desktop procedures as needed; performing SOX testing; and performing a variety of projects relating to financial accounting procedures, methods or systems;. Responds to queries from lines of businesses and other group controllers.Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 1+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Designation
- Strong accounting skills
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory reporting: Federal Reserve, OCC, and SEC
- Knowledge and understanding of Basel III reporting
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- SharePoint experience
- Strong variance analysis skills
- Experience in accounting and reporting of Troubled Debt Restructuring (TDR)
- Technical knowledge of accounting for deferred loan fees and costs (FAS 91)
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.