At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This position is responsible for Finance Product Control support of the Municipal Products Group within Wells Fargo Securities.
Primary responsibilities include finance support of the Public Finance investment banking and Municipal Capital Strategies teams, along with back-up support of the Municipal Products Group daily P&L process.
• Primary focus on financial planning and analysis activities, including the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual financial review presentations to Municipal Products Group senior leaders.
• Provide advisory revenue and expense input and analyses to public finance region and sector managers and Municipal Capital Strategies team related to complex municipal products.
• Research tax exempt and taxable balance sheet balances, yields and cost of funds period-over-period and forecast variances. The Municipal Products Group balance sheet includes trading and available for sale assets on bank, bank subsidiary and broker-dealer entities.
• Support monthly close processes and provide input and analyses to balance sheet and expense forecasting COE teams.
• Coordinate with various finance and accounting teams to ensure integrity of results and to process referral compensation and revenue share entries.
• Produce monthly total return swap, direct purchase revenue share and negotiated underwriting revenue by deal reports utilizing multiple data sources and across multiple legal entities.
• Update and review fully funded and draw-down direct purchase transactions in a municipal transaction database to ensure accurate direct purchase deal revenue reporting and revenue share payments.
• Provide back-up support to for the Municipal Products Group daily P&L process. Create and distribute daily security pricing report. Use multiple data sources and complex Excel files and coordinate with other WFS product controllers and middle office to create daily P&L report. Provide accurate and timely answers to trader and middle office questions.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, statements and accounting concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners and project managers
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience developing operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision and follow specific guidelines
- Ability to create and deliver dynamic presentations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- Capital markets product knowledge/experience - specifically municipal trading, public finance investment banking and municipal derivatives.
- Experience with Enterprise Performance Management (EPM).
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.