At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This position is responsible for Finance Product Control support of the Government and Institutional Banking (GIB) Division of Wholesale Banking.
Primary responsibilities include support of the Government Banking and Local Government Banking Divisions of GIB (LOB leadership among such groups’ include 3 DMs, 11 RVPs and 109 RMs):
• Primary focus on the meeting the groups’ financial planning and analysis activities including the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual Financial Review meeting presentations to GIB Commercial Banking senior leaders
• Support monthly close processes, including providing support where needed to the firm’s Balance Sheet Forecasting COE teams ensuring integrity of results and coordinating with GIB Finance teams to resolve issues and meet deadlines.
• Review and support existing reporting templates, continually improve reporting capabilities to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
• Update yield and balance, commitment and COF database update files to ensure database fully supports GIB Finance reporting needs.
• Work with LOB to create ad hoc reports for the deposits balances/earning asset positons with communication of significant moves to LOB leadership, Balance Sheet Forecasting COE team, Corporate Treasury and other support partners.
• Work with Wholesale Loan Servicing groups in order to ensure system of records is correctly stated throughout the life of the asset and/or liability and understood by all. This will entail becoming familiar the firm’s new MMCOF financial reporting principles.
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, statements and accounting concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners and project managers
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience developing operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision and follow specific guidelines
- Ability to create and deliver dynamic presentations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Hyperion Essbase experience
- Product knowledge of commercial banking business lines as well as a familiarity with Deposit strategies.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.