At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
It starts with you . Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
- Expense Management & Reporting is seeking a Finance Consultant to support the Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) line of business. The team is responsible for supporting WFS by facilitating the client deal expense billing process and auditing travel and entertainment expense reports according to Wells Fargo corporate and Wells Fargo Securities line of business policies.
The Finance Consultant will be responsible for managing the tactical day to day expense needs for the Wells Fargo Securities business unit: facilitate the client deal expense billing process and audit travel and entertainment Concur expense reports according to Wells Fargo corporate and Wells Fargo Securities line of business policies. The Financial Consultant is expected to gain a strong understanding of the businesses supported and their business models. A desire to learn and apply finance skills is essential to the Financial Consultant role.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Expense Report & Expense Policy Review :
Review and approve Travel & Entertainment (T&E) expense reports via the Concur expense system, to ensure expenses comply with Wells Fargo corporate expense policies and Wells Fargo Securities line of business expense policies; make recommendations for reducing excessive or unnecessary T&E expenses.
- Facilitate T&E expense training classes and Q&A sessions for WFS employees as needed, etc.
- Work closely with the corporate expense group to resolve issues and assist WFS users with the Concur expense system where necessary.
- Client Deal Expense Invoicing & Tracking :
Facilitate the external client expense billing process by gathering deal related expenses; work with bankers and administrative teams to ensure all appropriate expenses have been captured to create client invoices using the X-Tracker database.
- Provide client deal expense reports and invoices to Syndicate Operations and bankers.
- Make necessary recommendations to the business unit regarding billable expenses in order to achieve maximum client deal expense billing effectiveness.
- Liaise with the Syndicate Operations group, etc. in order to monitor collection of billed expenses and ensure accuracy of all information in the X-Tracker database.
- Build relationships with Wells Fargo Securities expense administrators and bankers in order to understand expense trends and to improve and maintain a dynamic client billing process.
- Manage the expense report submission process to ensure adherence with IBCM client expense recovery guidelines in order to maximize client expense billing.
- Provide insight and make recommendations regarding ways to increase client deal expense billing effectiveness.
- Facilitate the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end expense analysis reports. Produce regular (monthly, quarterly) newsletters/communications to serve as policy reminders or announcements of upcoming policy changes.
- Reconcile and manage the lucites and closing event allocations process for Investment Banking & Capital Markets division
- Additional Responsibilities :
- Take proactive measures to develop and improve business processes and initiatives to increase client expense billing effectiveness
- Develop creative solutions to improve Expense Management team business processes in order to improve proficiency (i.e. new expense management reports, etc.)
- Suggest database/system enhancements to improve system effectiveness
- Manage compliance and regulatory reporting, to identify and report out trends and patterns to improve LOB policy compliance
- Develop and maintain client relationships, continually searching for inventive ways to remain relevant to the business
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories .
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- Strong operational skills
- Experience developing operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision and follow specific guidelines
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of project coordination and expense tracking
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of database auditing and administration
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Customer service focus with the ability to respond to requests in a timely manner
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.