At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Enterprise Finance Group reports to the CFO and is responsible for the development and management of Functional Finance Support, Enterprise Financial Planning & Analysis, Management Reporting Data, Forecasting and Reporting Tools, and the Finance Centers of Excellence (COEs), including but not limited to: Cost Allocations, Fee Income Forecasting, Expense Forecasting, and Balance Sheet Forecasting. The Group works in partnership with the Line of Business Finance Group to provide finance support across the enterprise.
The Balance Sheet COE reports to the Head of Enterprise Finance and is responsible for supporting activities needed to generate and analyze balance sheet and net interest income forecasts. The team uses a model based approach partnering closely with Business Finance and Modeling COE partners. The team is responsible for supporting balance inputs and assumptions related to ALM interest rate risk scenarios as well as stress test and resolution planning scenarios which demand effective partnership with key stakeholders in Business Finance, Corporate ALM, Corporate Enterprise Risk Group, Modeling COE and across the Balance Sheet COE.
The Balance Sheet Forecasting team supports the FP&A 9-Quarter rolling forecast monthly interest rate risk scenarios, semi-annual Stress Tests, CCAR, and annual Resolution Planning forecast. We work in partnership with the Line of Business Finance Group and manage the production and analysis of the assets side of balance sheet, net interest income forecasting (including yields and matched maturity cost of funds).
The Balance Sheet COE is seeking an energetic finance professional to performing following functions:
• Work closely with respective Line of Business Finance teams, Capital Planning, Corporate ALM, Liquidity Planning, Corporate Credit and Modeling COE to run the forecasting process of specific loan portfolios for Wells Fargo.
• Build deep understanding of dynamics related to balances, yield curve, yield and cost of funds on a monthly basis.
• Coordinate and document management overlays based on various stress risk scenarios for CCAR, MCST, and the 9 quarter forecast.
• Analyze, back-test and sensitize the primary assumptions that go into the forecasting of the loan portfolios including volume growth assumptions, prepayment trends and new volume pricing.
Key competencies associated with this role are: Focus on Results, ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with key partners, ability to analyze results and draw suitable conclusions, as well as strong problem solving skills.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Hyperion Essbase experience
- Prior experience in reporting, variance analysis and complex financial analysis
- Prior experience in analyzing the Balance Sheet
- Must be able to work independently
- Problem-solve and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.