If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Finance Director is responsible for various financial functions including business analytics, annual planning and quarterly forecasting, metrics reporting and ad-hoc analysis. This person will also manage detail financial models and analysis of company financial and operational metrics to evaluate and influence numerous aspects of the company's business performance.
The person in this position will have broad responsibilities, including:
- Managing the quarterly forecast cycle for Medicare medical costs, including consolidation, summarization, and reconciliation
- Medical cost trend analysis and alignment with premium yield
- Monthly analysis of medical expense results, innovation, and development of new reporting
- Providing finance support around existing programs and new business opportunities
- Developing, understanding and communicating a Total Cost of Care (TCOC) view of medical performance, working collaboratively with our various M&R and enterprise affordability partners
- Working alongside our clinical strategy and health care economics teams to evaluate new program opportunities and track performance against targeted measures.
- Partner with other Medicare finance leaders to improve understanding of business performance
- Bachelor degree in business Finance or Accounting
- 8+ years progressive financial planning and analysis experience
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience summarizing and presenting to CFO/CEO.
- Strong analytic background, attention to details
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Enterprise financial systems such as PeopleSoft/SmartView
- SAS, SQL, Access, or other relational database platforms
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.