Facilitates the production of weekly, monthly, year-to-date and year-end financial reporting,
including variance and trend analysis of results to budget, prior year and forecast.
Facilitates monthly forecasting efforts and the annual budgeting process for all
Provides analytical support to all levels of management across operational/functional units;
including ad-hoc reporting and problem solving.
Ensures the integrity of financial reporting software including working with external consultants
and performing ongoing testing.
Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to
- Performs financial forecasting and reconciliation of internal accounts.
Reports headcount, fleet management, and key performance indicators to support operational
Perform all aspects of month end close for numerous cost centers
Assist General Managers with finance and accounting needs.
- May assist in training/mentoring Jr Financial Analysts.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA/MBA preferred.
- Direct experience with month end close, financial consolidation and various demonstrated financial analysis.
- Knowledge of full P&L's and balance sheet accounts.
- Ability to handle multiple cost centers.
- 5 years experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with all levels of management.
- Highly organized, deadline oriented, possess high attention to detail.
Incumbent must be able to move about the office and between floors; utilize standard office
equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by
- Travel up to 40% - 50%
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.