DescriptionThe Finance Professional 1 analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. The Finance Professional 1 work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
The Finance Professional 1 collects, compiles, verifies, and analyzes financial information and economic indicators so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making strategic and operational decisions on, for example, acquisitions, investments, capital expenditure, divestitures, mergers, or the sale of assets. Analyzes the financial implications of proposed investments or other transactions so that senior managers can evaluate alternatives against the organization's business objectives. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium, and long-term financial and competitive position. Analyzes revenues, expenses, costs, prices, investments, cash flow, profits, labor market trends, inflation, interest rates, and exchange rates. Mya involve financial modeling, reporting and budgeting as well. Understands own work area professional concepts/standards, regulations, strategies and operating standards. Makes decisions regarding own work approach/priorities, and follows direction. Work is managed and often guided by precedent and/or documented procedures/regulations/professional standards with some interpretation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in finance, accounting or related field
- Strong attention to detail
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Previous health insurance industry experience working in a Finance/Accounting department
- Financial reporting experience is a plus
Scheduled Weekly Hours40