DescriptionThe Finance Professional 2 analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. The Finance Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Finance Professional 2 collects, compiles, verifies, and analyzes financial information and economic indicators so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making strategic and operational decisions on, for example, acquisitions, investments, capital expenditure, divestitures, mergers, or the sale of assets. Analyzes the financial implications of proposed investments or other transactions so that senior managers can evaluate alternatives against the organization's business objectives. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium, and long-term financial and competitive position. Analyzes membership, revenues and expenses. May involve financial modeling, reporting and budgeting as well. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent ideally in finance, accounting or similar field
- 3-5 years of experience in a finance or accounting role
- Intermediate or advanced level user with a relational database (Access, Oracle or other)
- Intermediate or advanced level user with Microsoft Excel and SQL
- Proficient in manipulating financial data for analysis and reporting
- Previous health insurance industry experience working in a Finance/Accounting department
- Experience with SAS
- Experience with Tableau
Scheduled Weekly Hours40