DescriptionHumana is seeking a Finance Professional 2 to join the Financial Planning and Analysis team, supporting Corporate Finance and Executive areas. Successful candidates will be responsible for analyzing and forecasting financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions.
- Provide financial insights and make recommendations to support business decisions and develop effective strategies, with an overriding goal to create value for the company.
- Work in a consultative role with various departments in creating effective reporting and analyses in order to improve processes, create efficiencies and proactively provide business partners data/metrics/cost information to identify and influence areas of financial improvement.
- Support the month end close process including preparation/review of journal entries, account analysis, reconciliations, and reporting actual versus budget and forecasts.
- Collaborate with business partners in developing methods and criteria for measuring/summarizing financial data and preparing valuable analysis in a dynamic environment.
- Maintain and review various system reconciliations between source systems and financial and operational reporting processes.
- Support special projects that may necessitate cross-functional partnerships.
- Establish, foster and maintain working relationships with peers and management within Finance.
- Support the forecast process including the development and maintenance of analytical tools to forecast and evaluate financial/operational effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent ideally in finance, accounting or similar field
- 3-5 years of experience in a finance or accounting role
- Intermediate or advanced level user with a relational database (Access, Oracle or other)
- Intermediate or advanced level user with Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in manipulating financial data for analysis and reporting
- Previous health insurance industry experience working in a Finance/Accounting department
- Experience with SAS
Scheduled Weekly Hours40