DescriptionThe Finance Professional 2 analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. The Finance Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
Initiate collection calls to customers, insurance carriers or other third party vendors regarding past due invoices. Research and resolve all payment discrepancies. Conduct bi-weekly meetings with respective branch managers regarding status of A/R. Prepare weekly AR Reports as required. Ensure proper client account set-up with branch personnel. Verify that all financial transactions comply with financial policies and procedures. Assist in maintenance of client files and Accounts Receivable documentation and other miscellaneous filings. Responsible for effectively researching, tracking and resolving accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies. Facilitate credits to clients and recommended write-offs to management as needed. Recommend accounts to be placed for third party collection..
- BS or BA in Finance or Business from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years of experience in a finance or accounting role. Recent college graduates with Finance major will be considered
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Accounting.
- Previous health insurance industry experience working in a Finance/Accounting department
- Enthusiastic and effective communicator
- Well organized, attentive to detail. Accurate
- Able to work in a team environment and take direction
- Flexibility to work longer hours at certain times of the month
- Flexible, ability to change assignment or plans for day with little notice
Scheduled Weekly Hours40