At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo Securities Finance is looking for a highly motivated individual with strong financial analysis experience to support our finance and business managers in decision-making and leading business activities. Wells Fargo Securities’ (WFS) banking, origination, sales, trading and research teams deliver a comprehensive set of capital markets products and solutions for the broader Wells Fargo customer base ranging from strategic advice, public distribution of debt and equity products to hedging interest rate, commodity and equity risks. WFS’ broad distribution capabilities are focused on providing securities trading and new issue debt and equity underwriting support for customer activities.
This finance role’s primary objectives include financial reporting and analysis, profitability support, cross-functional projects and management presentations. The role will interact across all Enterprise Finance, business leaders and support teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct in-depth research of business unit financial data, profitability analysis, key trends and ad hoc reporting to provide transparency to financial results
- Complex financial analysis in support of management decisions and actions
- Work with business and finance partners to ensure reporting accuracy and identifying and resolving data deficiencies
- Create analytical reports and tools for internal and external business partners and regulators
- Partner with business and finance teams, communicate results, guidance, business product insight and trends
- Work closely with LOB and corporate partners to provide meaningful and timely financial information
- Act as a central point of contact for all interested parties on financial issues, analysis and reporting
- Prepare, consolidate and analyze business unit forecast, month end close and month-end estimate
- In depth analysis of financial performance and metrics along with insightful commentary
- Support daily reporting for business revenue (Daily P&L) and balance sheet
- Communication, coordination and team work across the organization including the balance sheet, fee, expense, costing and reporting COE teams, Wholesale Finance, Corporate FP&A, Corporate Accounting and WFS Product Control
- Maintain LOB organizational finance hierarchy structure
- Build, document and maintain financial models in support of CCAR stress testing and Resolution Planning scenarios and a wide range of other financial issues
- Prepare and update presentations for senior management
- Lead projects for continual process improvement and to meet ongoing changes in business needs
- Create ad hoc reports, define drivers of financial trends and variances and communicate summarized results to business partners
- Cross train to assume the duties of other team members as needed to provide continuous finance coverage and develop skills as a Subject Matter Expert
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- Essbase and/or SmartView experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Designation
- 5+ years recent and relevant experience in finance, accounting, reporting or related field in a fast paced financial services environment
- Experience and understanding of banking and financial analysis concepts and methodology
- Advanced analytical skills and economic concepts in a large financial organization
- Demonstrated track record of attention to detail, analytical thinking, initiative, self-motivation and problem solving skills
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of activities and functions
- Comfort with defined and undefined responsibilities which change over time driven by the needs of the business
- Strong performance history in line of business support and financial statement, forecast, and accounting concepts and tools
- Enthusiasm and demonstrated desire and capacity to learn and excel in new functions
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and partner at all levels across the organization
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and deadlines, prioritize work flow and take on new challenges
- Proven leadership skills, proactive, and willingness to take initiative with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated teamwork and ability to work independently
- Experience with Wells Fargo financial systems and processes and business organization and legal entity structure
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.