Perform routine research functions to settle reporting differences and resolve discrepancies in internal general ledger accounts related to payments made in retail tax offices.
- Review, research, and reconcile differences for electronic payments within established guidelines.
- Review, research, and resolve cash drawer variances.
- Review, research, and validate unreconciled bank deposits.
- Review and manage cash drawer overages and shortages.
- Respond to office inquiries concerning cash drawer variances and payment processing.
- Escalate unresolved items in accordance to defined polices.
- Post necessary monetary entries to general ledger accounts.
- Respond timely to inquiries and conduct all necessary research to resolve customer requests.
- Maintain accurate electronic records related to difference research and resolution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A minimum of 6 hours college level accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 - 2 years previous work experience, preferably with accounting , reconciling, or research procedures
- Ability to work independently and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to assimilate into a useful format.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and logical reasoning skills for problem solving.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system.
- High proficiency in MS Word and Excel.