At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This position is responsible for Business Support Finance support of the Municipal Products Group Division of Wells Fargo Securities, a Division of Wholesale Banking.
• Primary responsibilities include support of the Municipal Products Group business lines, such as Secondary Trading and Sales, Derivatives, Capital Strategies and Negotiated and Competitive Underwriting and the respective senior MPG leaders
• Primary focus on the meeting the groups’ financial planning and analysis activities including the preparation of daily, monthly, quarterly, annual reporting including on occasion Financial Review meeting presentations to MPG senior leaders
• Support monthly close processes, including providing support where needed to the firm’s Balance Sheet Forecasting COE teams ensuring integrity of results and coordinating with GIB Finance teams to resolve issues and meet deadlines
• Review and support existing reporting templates, continually improve reporting capabilities to ensure effectiveness and efficiency
• Work with LOB to create ad hoc reports for the communication of significant activities to LOB leadership, Balance Sheet Forecasting COE team, Corporate Treasury and other support partners
• Lead/manage the revenue reporting process for complex total return swap transactions. Provide Capital Strategies leadership with TRS revenue reporting at a deal level (isolating bond revenue, swap revenue and hedge revenue booking across multiple AUs, systems and legal entities by deal).
• Lead/manage finance portions of new product/process initiatives
• Coach and develop team members. Develop goals for team members and meet regularly with team members to share information and work towards accomplishing goals
• Proactively provide Muni leadership with valuable insight into financial results and balance sheet usage. Provided strategic guidance regarding ROA, ROE, and expense allocation challenges
• Closely monitor Muni incentive pool accruals and outlooks for MPG leadership reviews
• Manage processes and deal directly with KPMG on trading inventory and available for sale asset pricing and aging processes, policies, etc.
• Assume responsibility for leading/managing MPG’s CCAR and RRP reporting deliverables
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, statements and accounting concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners and project managers
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience developing operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
- Ability to create and deliver dynamic presentations
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
- Hyperion Essbase experience
- Product knowledge of capital markets/investment banking business lines as well as a familiarity with both cash and derivative product trading strategies.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.