At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Business Finance – Finance Senior Consultant
Business Finance oversees the creation of finance strategy and business support for the lines of business. This position within Wealth Management Group supports the Investment & Fiduciary Services (IFS) business. IFS helps meet the needs of individuals through delivery of complex trust, specialized fiduciary, and investment solutions.
The primary objective of this position is serving as a strategic partner with business leaders in making financially sound business decisions to affect future performance of the business. The position will be a key strategic partner supporting the Specialized Wealth Segment (SWS) - a strategically important growth area within the IFS business. The role will interact with business leaders across the Wealth Management organization and team members across Enterprise Finance.
Duties and responsibilities
• Direct to completion complex financial analyses in support of management decisions and actions – including, but not limited to – financial performance, profitability, capacity and productivity reporting for Specialized Wealth Segment business
• Analyze and report on planning activities and outcomes to identify trends and patterns impacting performance of business
• Consult with leaders to enhance business intelligence and drive improvements in processes and financial results
• Provide leaders with intelligent decision support enabled by purposeful data analytics to support both tactical and strategic initiatives
• Analyze changes within the IFS portfolio to identify trends, patterns, and issues impacting business performance
• Direct and/or facilitate submission of data to fulfill quarterly regulatory reporting needs
• Ensure adherence to compliance and risk management activities within finance related work efforts
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate trends and impacts to mid-senior level management
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Advanced technical skills in using Excel and data analytical tools – VBA, SQL, and/or Access
- Strong aptitude for understanding data structure and concepts
- Analytical skills with attention to detail and problem solving
- Expertise in finance and accounting concepts, with prior experience in forecasting, reporting, and variance analysis
- Oracle Smart View experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Wealth Management business
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.