At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Enterprise Cost Allocation and Analytics Center of Excellence (Enterprise Cost) team is the focused on the transformation of Wells Fargo costing approaches by driving more efficient costing processes as well as effective utilization of cost data including enhanced transparency and management insights.
Enterprise Cost is accountable for managing the Wells Fargo costing framework through:
• Leadership of various enterprise-wide costing governance councils
• Delivery of the operating model focused on cost allocation and consulting including: regulatory/statutory requirements and insightful cost analysis
• Consolidation and standardization of toolsets and reporting
The Cost Development Leader (Finance Senior Consultant title) supporting the Enterprise Information Technology team (EIT) will provide oversight and leadership focusing on the development of cost allocation methodologies for the EIT organizations; directing the team that will be responsible for the maintaining the EIT cost models and corresponding databases; leading the analysis for spend and recovery reporting and the creation of more efficient, effective and transparent communication and reporting. These responsibilities will in turn allow for insightful conversations between service providers and service consumers that support profitability analysis, unit cost trending and regulatory/statutory requirements.
As a key leader of Enterprise Cost, this role will drive the financial maturity and transformation of costing across the EIT organization and Wells Fargo as a whole.
Specifically, the Cost Consulting EIT leader will:
• Drive the process to ensure the consistent cost methodologies with a focus on materiality and business / operational analytical benefit
• Partner with leaders from across the Cost COE and Finance to develop a migration timeline for cost tools
• Collaborate and educate the Technology Functional Finance team and the EIT leaders to ensure that the three teams have a strong sense of teamwork to accomplish the goals of the COE
• Assess the existing INIE methodologies in place and determine where advances can be made to further support greater transparency and simplify the cost allocation approach
• Build, train and develop a best in class COE team
• Maintain a balance between business and operational efficiency, effectiveness and risk mitigation
• Participate in the various cost advisory councils and enterprise-wide communication forums
• Represent the EIT Cost Allocation methodologies and impacts with senior LOB partners and Finance leaders
As a Team Member Manager , you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
• Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
• Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics and reporting; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to successfully operate in a complex and matrixed environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with allocation toolsets like CVR and/or EPM
- Experience working and analyzing with complex costing functions
- Ability to manage effectively and influence in a matrixed organization, create a strong collaborative environment, develop partnerships with business and finance area across Wells Fargo
- Exceptional track record of delivering results
- Proven leadership experience in developing innovating solutions; driving organizational change and managing teams through changing requirements and vision
- Ability to translate complex concepts so that they are clearly understood in support of sound decisions
- Experience with leading and managing other Finance / Wells Fargo Team members
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.