At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
We are seeking a motivated professional to join the real estate secured Held for Investment (HFI) portfolio accounting team within the Home Lending Controller’s Group. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in HFI accounting; primary focus will be with the residential real estate secured accounts.
Duties may include:
- Preparing financial and regulatory reports
- Reviewing, analyzing, and reporting for non-accruals
- Creating various schedules and performing consolidations for various SEC/Reg reporting requests
- Reviewing and analyzing trends relating to consolidated non-accruals and MSP/MAPS SORs
- Performing consolidated non-accrual roll-forwards and variance analysis
- Processing manual entries relating to HFI NPA sales and entries for posting to general ledger
- Performing detailed research of data and processes, analyzing, interpreting and reporting findings
- Held for Investment mortgage reporting utilizing Excel, Access, Smartview and financial reporting systems (eagleWeb, Oracle GL, irisWeb)
- Reviewing general ledger and system of record data; completing research, analysis and reconciliations
- Supporting team and manager as functional accounting portfolio lead with accounting initiatives/projects
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, research, and problem solving skills in dealing with intricate and voluminous data
- Experience using mortgage systems to include one or more of the following: Black Knight-MSP/Fidelity, SHAW, Oracle Essbase, and Oracle General Ledger (GL)
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.