At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Let’s talk about building a rewarding career
You have a proven track record of success but you’re looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you’ll find that opportunity. You’ll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
The Controllers Division is a seeking highly motivated individual to join the accounting team supporting Corporate Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Business Banking and Financial Institution Groups.
This position will provide accounting expertise to the business lines, review accounting results and participate in the SEC and regulatory reporting processes. The accountant must be able to identify accounting issues, research accounting literature and apply the guidance to the business line products and transactions. The successful candidate will have the ability to exercise judgment and partner with stakeholders throughout the organization.
Key responsibilities include:
•Perform month-end general ledger close activities such as analyzing financial results, and preparing and reviewing journal entries;
•Participate in all aspects of SEC and regulatory reporting process, including preparing reporting schedules, performing financial statement tie-out procedures, and reviewing/preparing changes to the financial statement disclosures;
•Develop expertise in the accounting control environment for the businesses;
•Document issues and errors and work with the lines of business on corrective action plans;
•Perform accounting research and provide guidance to the lines of business;
•Ad Hoc projectsRequired Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting; or a BS/BA or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Strong accounting skills
- General ledger experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- CPA-Certified Public Accountant designation
- Familiarity with ASC 310-30 Receivables for loans
- Experience with financial reporting under regulatory, GAAP and/or SEC guidelines with demonstrated ability to apply such guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adjusting to changing priorities and works well under pressure
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.